Here’s how to check your bank account balance using WhatsApp Pay
- You will first need to link your bank account to
- The bank account balance can be viewed either from the settings or from the payment message screen.
- To view your account balance, you will need to enter the UPI PIN code.
Most of us use WhatsApp as our instant messaging app, but as of last year, the Facebook-owned platform offers UPI payments in India. You can use WhatsApp to send and receive money like all other UPI payment apps like Google Pay, PhonePe, and Paytm.
If you haven’t set up WhatsApp payment, you can do so in the app by going to the Payments option in Settings on iOS devices or by tapping the three-dot icon More options on devices Android. Select “Add a payment method” and follow the instructions. It is important to note that you can only select a bank account associated with your WhatsApp number. At the end of the process, you will need to set up a PIN code that you will need to remember to continue using UPI payment services.
Once you have configured the payment method and added a bank account, you can check your bank account balance using the two methods given below.
Check the bank account balance in the settings.
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- On iOS, tap Settings at the bottom of the screen, or on Android OS, tap the three-dot icon at the top right of the main screen.
- Select Payments.
- Under Payment methods, choose the relevant bank account.
- Tap on View Account Balance and you will be asked to enter the PIN code.
- Your bank account balance will be displayed once you enter the PIN code.
Check bank account balance when sending money
You can also check your account balance while sending money from the payment message screen. Follow the steps below to check your balance.
- From the payment message screen, tap the available payment method.
- If you’ve linked multiple bank accounts to WhatsApp Pay, tap the account whose balance you want to view.
- Now tap on View Account Balance.
- When prompted, enter the PIN code to check your account balance.
Alternatively, some banks also offer free banking services to customers through WhatsApp. Save the contact of the WhatsApp chatbot number associated with your bank and send a “Hi” message. A menu of services will be prompted in the chat box which will include displaying your account balance option. Respond with the selection to view your account balance.
How to take screenshots on Windows 10, 8, and 7
How to permanently delete a Facebook account
How To Fix Gmail If You Are Not Receiving Emails