How to check the balance of the EPF account online, by SMS, missed call
The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), a social security body run by the Government of India, made it very easy for users to check their EPF balance and access other information related to their provident fund. .
With a few simple steps, you can check your EPF account balance on your phone or laptop in just two minutes.
EPF balance check by SMS:
1. To check your EPF balance, you must send âEPFOHO UAN LANâ to 7738299899 as an SMS from your registered mobile phone number. Do not include quotes in the SMS.
Once the SMS has been successfully sent, you will immediately receive an SMS containing information about your EPF account, including your EPF account balance.
Checking the EPF balance via a missed call:
1. You can simply make a missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number.
The call will disconnect after the ringing and you will soon receive an SMS on your EPF account details which will also include your EPF account balance.
Checking the EPF balance via the online portal:
To check your EPF account balance and other details, you can also log into the EPFO ââMember Booklets portal. You need your Universal Account Number (UAN) to log in.
1. If you have your UAN, go to the next step. If you do not have your UAN, go to the Member e-Sewa portal and click on the âKnow Your UANâ link. You can find this link at the bottom of the login page. If your UAN is not activated, you can activate it by following the “Activate UAN” link just above the “Know your UAN” link.
2. Go to one of the EPF booklet portals or you can also access the same link using the e-Sewa member portal.
3. Once you are on the booklet portal, enter your UAN and password.
4. On the EPF booklet portal, after logging in, click on “Download / View booklet” and you will be redirected to your booklet. You can also make an impression.
EPFO announced this information in a tweet on its official Twitter account. EPFO manages workers’ provident and retirement funds for post-retirement financial security.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and coronavirus news here