How do I check NPS account balance online?
Steps to Check NPS Account Balance Through NSDL Portal
To check your NPS account balance through the CRA-NSDL portal, follow the steps below:
- Visit www.cra-nsdl.com and enter your username, password and CAPTCHA code.
- Now under the “Transaction Statement” section, click on “Account Statement” to check the details of your accumulated balance.
- You can also check the details of your transactions, including contributions, by clicking on “Transaction statement”.
Steps to check NPS account balance through UMANG app
On the UMANG platform, NPS services are also available. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technologies (MeitY) and the National Division of e-governance collaborated to create it. Download the UMANG app and follow the steps below to view your NPS account balance:
- Open the UMANG app on your mobile phone and search for NPS
- Now press “NPS (from NSDL)” and select your relevant CRA from NPS Karvy and NPS (from NSDL) options
- Now tap on the ‘Current Holding’ option and enter your PRAN number as well as your password.
- When done, press “Login” and the details of your current accumulated balance will be displayed on your device screen.
Steps to Check NPS Account Balance Via NPS by NSDL e-Gov App
NPS subscribers can now access their accounts through the NPS mobile app. This software has many features that allow you to manage the subscriber’s NPS account. Follow the steps below to check your NPS account balance:
- Download the e-Gov NPS by NSDL app on your mobile phone and PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account Number) and Password (IPIN) to log into your account.
- After you have successfully logged in, the total amount of NPS held on the current date will be displayed on the home screen of the application. It also displays the holdings of your Level I and II accounts as well as the details of the last transaction.
- You can also view and manage your registered mobile number and email id using this app.
- You can also generate an email transaction report which you will get on your registered email id.
- You can also use the app to withdraw from your Tier II account. An OTP is sent to your registered mobile number when you choose the opt-out option. You need to specify the withdrawal details after entering the OTP. Once the withdrawal request is approved by the relevant CRA, your request will be processed and the specified withdrawal amount will be credited to your registered bank account.
Checking the NPS balance per missed call
To find out your NPS account balance, you can also give a missed call to 9212993399 via your registered mobile number. If you have any questions regarding your account, you can call NPS Customer Service at (022) 2499 3499.