How can SBI clients check PM Jan Dhan account balance and status?
Procedure for regular customers
For bank customers in India, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has implemented the * 99 # service. Anyone with a bank account with a bank can use this code for mobile banking. The only requirement is that a cell phone, smartphone or even a standard phone must be kept on hand by the account holder. The mobile must be activated by GSM. This service cannot be used by owners of CDMA handsets.
You must have your mobile number linked to your account to check Jan Dhan Yojana account balance using this service. Your mobile banking account must also be active. You can start with the * 99 # service if all of these standards are met. To check your Jan Dhan Yojana account balance using this service, follow the steps below:
- Dial * 99 # from your mobile phone and a welcome message will be received by you on your phone. You will be asked to enter one of the details i.e. the first three letters of your bank name or the first four letters of your bank’s IFSC code.
- Before using this service, you must first validate and know the correct short name or IFSC code of your bank.
- Once you are done with the above steps, click “Ok” and a list of installations provided as part of this installation will be found. The balance request is the first choice that begins with serial number 1.
- If your Jan Dhan Yojana account balance needs to be verified, press “1”, then “Submit”
- You can see your account balance reflected on the phone screen after the authorization screen.
How can SBI clients check PM Jan Dhan account balance?
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Account, introduced under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) government, is one of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s most valuable initiatives for our Indian citizens. The highest Jan Dhan accounts are held by the State Bank of India (SBI), the largest Indian commercial bank in the country. The bank unveiled a new facility for the benefit of SBI customers, from which individuals can easily view their account balances from the comfort of their home or workplace.
Steps to check PM Jan Dhan account balance for SBI clients
Last year, the State Bank of India introduced a new facility for those who opened PM Jan Dhan accounts. SBI clients can check their PM Jan Dhan account balance by following the steps below:
- By dialing 18004253800 or 1800112211, the PMJDY holder can check their account balance. This number must be accessible by the SBI customer from his registered mobile number.
- He can thus obtain the details of the last five transactions as well as his account balance.
- In addition, all these details are also available to SBI customers by dialing 9223766666 from their registered mobile number.