How to check Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account balance online?
Key points of the Sukanya Samriddhi account
- A Sukanya Samriddhi account can be opened by making a minimum of Rs. 250 deposit up to a limit of Rs 1.5 lakh.
- Under this scheme, interest earned is totally tax exempt.
- By parents or legal guardians on behalf of their daughter, a SCSS account can be opened.
- To open an account, the maximum age limit for a girl must be 10 years old.
- By downloading the application form available on the website of the respective banks or post office or obtaining it physically from the nearest branch, it is possible to actively open a SCSS account.
- Your KYC documents, proof of the daughter’s date of birth, one piece of photo ID and two passport-sized photographs of the daughter must be attached to the duly signed application form.
- The SCSS scheme comes with a maturity period of 15 years and only 5 years of continuous deposit, the account may be closed prematurely.
- Up to 50 percent of the balance available at the end of the previous year’s withdrawal can be made to the account, but only after the girl turns 18 or has passed the 10th standard, whichever comes first. contingency.
- After 21 years from the date of opening the account, the SCSS account can be closed definitively.
Loan on SSY account
When it comes to taking out loans from the Sukanya Samriddhi account, as is the case with other savings plans, like PPF, etc., getting a loan from the SSY is not an alternative for the instant. However, once the girl turns 18, a guardian can make partial withdrawals from the SSY account. Withdrawals should only be made for the well-being of the girl. This withdrawal option of up to 50% of the total accumulated contribution can be used for the marriage, higher education of the eligible girl.
How to transfer an SSY account?
Sukanya Samriddhi account holders can transfer their accounts from post office to bank or bank to bank. Your account can be transferred from the post office to any post office or bank across the country within RBI’s reach. For the transfer of a current Sukanya Samriddhi account, here are the steps to follow:
- First, with your updated passbook and KYC documents, you need to go to the post office that manages your account. The girl does not have to be present during the transfer.
- Submit and deposit your Sukanya Samriddhi account passbook along with your KYC documents to the bank or post office. Notify your bank or post office when your account is closed and to which post office or bank you want to transfer your account.
- The manager will then close your account and give you a transfer request to submit to the bank. And also, he or she also asks you for the necessary documents to submit.
- Go to the bank where you want to transfer your account and submit the transfer request that is sent to you by mail.
- Submit your KYC documents for proof of identity and address.
- A new passbook will then be given to you by the bank employee, who will indicate the remaining balance of your old account.
- In due course the bank will trigger / activate your account. You can continue the process of investing in the well-being and future of your daughter from this account.
Taxation on SSY
The only Section 80C savings plan that enjoys triple-exempt exempt status is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. This ensures that deposits, proceeds, accrued interest rate amount and maturity amount under this scheme are tax free. The only downside of the program is that one can only open an account up to a limit of Rs 1.5 lakh.
How to check your SSY account balance?
- First ask your respective bank and receive the login credentials for your SSY account. Keep in mind that this service has not started to be provided by all banks and only a few banks allow their account holders to check SSY account balance online.
- Log in to the bank’s online banking portal using your login credentials.
- Go to the home page once logged in and you can confirm the balance there. You can check your balance on the dashboard respectively.
- Remember that you will only be allowed to access your account balance through this method. Through this portal, you will not be allowed to carry out transactions.